Auteur Sujet: Berlin: Yasutoshi Yoshida concert + expo avec Daisuke Ichiba  (Lu 1255 fois)

Stromverzweigungspunkt

• Plutonium Saucisse
Berlin: Yasutoshi Yoshida concert + expo avec Daisuke Ichiba « le: avril 09, 2011, 16:54:49 pm »
Angura: Experimental Art and Music from Japan

Exhibition: Daisuke Ichiba, Yasutoshi Yoshida
Exhibition duration: 15 April - 18 May 2011
Opening + 2 concerts on Friday, April 15th 2011 7pm/19:00
(concerts from 8:30pm/20:30, reservation highly recommended!)

About “Angura- Experimentelle Kunst und Musik aus Japan”:

The event „Angura – Experimental Art And Music From Japan“ is intended as a platform for Japanese underground artists to present their work in Berlin. Angura will feature an exhibition at the gallery Le Petit Mignon in Neukölln as well as a concert at Ausland in Prenzlauer Berg.

The exhibition will be opened on April 15th 2011 in the presence of the artists and end on May 18th. The works on display are by Daisuke Ichiba (drawings) and Yasutoshi Yoshida (collages, drawings). For both artists this will be the first exhibition in Germany. The event is curated by Guillaume Siffert and Christoph Petermann. It was recognized by the Japanese embassy as part of the official program “150 Jahre Freundschaft Deutschland-Japan” celebrating the 150th anniversary of German-Japanese diplomatic relations. The exhibition is being supported by the JaDe foundation.

About the exhibition:

Daisuke Ichibas Daisuke Ichiba has been active as an underground artist since the early nineties. In his images delicate beauty clashes with grotesque violence. “Humans simultaneously combine tenderness and violence. If you peel back the face of a beautiful woman you see it is clogged with viscera. Choosing to create work that is only beautiful feels artificial. Thus I paint both. You cannot sever the two. The expression that results is a natural chaos. In my work I project chaos, anarchy, anxiety, the grotesque, the absurd, and the irrational. By doing so I attain harmony. This is my art. Put simply, I paint humanity (the spirit).” Some of his works have been printed by the renowned French silk-screen publisher Le Dernier Cri.

Yasutoshi Yoshida has been playing music under the moniker of Government Alpha since 1992. It was in this context that he began creating collages inspired by futurism and retro-aesthetics for the cover artwork of his CD releases. Works for other musicians soon followed. 2008 and 2009 his works were first shown in exhibitions in Japan. In 2010 he designed the cover artwork and contributed illustrations to the novel Burn Your Belongings by the American author David Hoenigman, which was published by Jaded Ibis Productions (Seattle). The editors were so impressed by Yoshidas more than 190 illustrations that they decided to release it in full-color, not as originally planned in black and white.

Links:

Daisuke Ichiba's homepage: www.tetorahidoro.xxxxxxxx.jp
Yasutoshi Yoshida's homepage: www.geocities.jp/xerxes_alpha2001
150 Jahre Freundschaft Deutschland-Japan: www.de.emb-japan.go.jp/dj2011
JaDe: www.jadestiftung.org

About the concerts (on April 15th from 8:30pm/20:30):

-Yasutoshi Yoshida aka Government Alpha (Japan)
Myspace: www.myspace.com/xerxes1969
Yasutoshi Yoshida will perform a special set which will be very different from his work as Government Alpha.

-Midori Hirano (Japan/Berlin)
Myspace: www.myspace.com/midorihirano

more info and reservation: www.staalplaat.wordpress.com
Staalplaat / Le Petit Mignon
Kienitzer Str. 108
12049 Berlin
Metro U8 Boddinstr.
fon: ++49 30 41 76 73 55
home: www.staalplaat.com
facebook: www.facebook.com/staalplaat
twitter: www.twitter.com/staalplaat